The Topol SS-27 missile can be transported and launched from trucks, it can be moved quickly from location to location, making pre-emptive targeting of the Topol virtually impossible.
- The Times Of India picked up on a little mentioned announcement, that Russia had developed and test-fired a portable missile with a flight speed of 6000-10,000 kph.
- It was designed to get through any and all existing and proposed missile defence systems, mostly by its sheer speed. Military experts seem to agree that the Russians have succeeded.
- "The Topol SS 27 can be manoeuvred mid-flight. this makes it impossible for radar systems to figure out its flight path.
- It is invulnerable to radiation and electromagnetic and physical interference.
- It can be mounted on the back of a truck, which makes it difficult to monitor how many of these missiles have been deployed and where."